söndag 13 mars 2011

Kinglo an application to help learning Chinese

As i have written earlier, I am now in China and are struggling with the language.
To make it more fun to learn words and make it easier I wrote an application in Qt to test the words. It turned out to be an success, and now after 3 days of development i got a friend that joined in. He is trying to get Character recognition to work with the help of OpenCv. This is to test your writing skills while writing Chinese characters. Meanwhile I have cleaned up the code and fixed some bugs.
I will then try to add voice recognition with the help of CMUSphinx. To help training the pronunciation of words. This project have escalated in quite short time.. But what to do when programming is way much more fun then learning a language :) Here are some pictures and a tar.gz for those who wants to test it.
currently only supports 64bits Linux. I will make a port of it to my Nokia N900 when i got the development environment set up.

You can of cause add your own words and maybe even use it for another language.


 Kinglo v0.3  Download

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar